Servings: 8 round breads
200g Bread Flour
10g Tapioca flour（can be omitted）
5g Matcha powder (This recipe uses Obubu Tea #21: Gokou Matcha)
4 tablespoon Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Salt
30g Unsalted butter
110cc Water(room temperature)
2/3 teaspoon Dry yeast
150g Sweet red bean paste
40g Cream cheese
8 pieces Salted Sakura (This recipe uses Kobayashi Shoten: Sakura Tea)
As needed Egg (to apply on dough)
1) In a bowl, place salted sakura and pour water. Put aside for about 10 minutes to remove salt. Take out the sakura and gently wipe water with paper towel.
2) Divide sweet red bean paste and cream cheese into 8 and form into a ball. Put all the bread dough ingredients into baking machine and complete kneading and rising process.
3) After the first rising process is completed, take out dough from baking machine and divide into 8 pieces.
4) Form each piece into a round (ball) shape, place wet towel over and set aside for 10 minutes (this process is called bench time).
5) After 10 minutes, take each dough and roll into circular shape. Shaping on a baking sheet will make it easier.
6) Place sweet red bean paste and cream cheese in center of dough and fold to close the edges.
7) Repeat the process until all 8 pieces are done. Put flour on your index finger and press the center of the dough, about 1/3 depth.
8) Place dough into 40C (104F) oven for 20 minutes and let it rise for the second time.
9) Take out of the oven and place sakura in the center.
10) Apply egg on surface of the dough. Place dough back in the oven and bake in 200C (392F) for 12-14 minutes.
※ Matcha burns easily so check the oven from time to time and adjust baking time accordingly.
※ Adding tapioca flour creates soft-sticky texture but no need to add if you do not have it.
[product_category category=”sakura-tea, matcha”]