We ship worldwide.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the availability of certain shipping methods, countries, and rates are constantly changing.
For the most current standard & promo rates: please add the items you'd like to purchase to your cart and use the shipping estimator to calculate.
The below policy was updated July 14, 2022, Japan time.
Domestic Shipping (within Japan)
- Free shipping for orders of ¥2000 or more
- Other rates available. Use the cart page shipping estimate calculator for most current rates and methods.
- Wholesale orders will be invoiced or refunded according to the actual shipping cost + 10% handling charge.
- Domestic consumption tax will apply.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic shipping availability via postal airmail is constantly changing. Postal airmail shipping has resumed to many countries, but not all, and is also experiencing delays in some cases. Add the items you would like to purchase to your cart, and use the shipping estimator to see current rates.
DHL Express Shipping
- Regions: DHL shipping is available to most countries (import processing fees and VAT may be charged directly to you by DHL). Things to note:
- DHL in Russia, Mexico, Saudi Arabia require you to be a business with an import license to receive deliveries
- Tax & import processing fees
- are not charged in the USA for tea
- In Europe, Canada and other countries VAT / GST and other types of sales or import taxes may be required. To speed up processing, DHL will pay these fees on your behalf and then charge you locally with an additional Advanced Payment processing fee. This Advanced Payment fee varies per country (often 10 - 20 Euro but it may be percentage based as well). You should confirm with your local DHL office if this is an issue.
- Customs processing fees are especially high in Spain, Portugal and Greece. For those in Spain, a customer has provided some guidance on how to reduce fees by doing the customs processing yourself. Please use at your own risk.
- Delivered Duties Paid (DDP) / Delivered Taxes Paid - this service from DHL can be used so that you pay Yunomi for the processing fee and taxes allowing you to avoid dealing with DHL and enable you to receive your shipment faster. However, this may be more expensive than your local DHL fees. In Japan it is ¥3630 for the DDP fee, and we will charge you estimated taxes + 4% transaction fee. Actual taxes may be cheaper or more expensive, and adjustments (extra billing or refund) may be required later.
- Other DHL fees may be required to process your shipment (DHL fee schedule - Bonded Storage fees, Advance Payment fees are most relevant)
- Shipping promotions may be offered to retail customers, but should not be used by wholesale customers.
- Remote area surcharges may be billed separately if your location is outside of DHL's service area (you will have the option to cancel if this is too high).
DHL / Postal Airmail Rates for other countries
For other countries, we will charge a handling fee to investigate shipping methods and bill you afterwards (the handling fee will be counted toward shipping). A few days may be required to investigate. We kindly ask for your patience.
Yunomi Delivery Guarantee
A Yunomi Guarantee of Delivery is offered for all items purchased by RETAIL customers with a tracking number (except where noted). In the event of damage or loss, we will replace your item, send you a refund or provide store credit. However, we ask for your patience on processing time and in certain cases shipment time (allowing for a maximum of 2 months from shipment to delivery).
A guarantee against loss or damage is not offered for non-tracked postal airmail (regular airmail) -- we ask for your understanding in that you bear the risk for this shipping method.
Policy on Delayed Orders
Orders may be delayed 3-6 weeks if the item purchased is not in stock. Beyond 6 weeks, we will provide a full refund on shipping. We do not ship items separately unless requested and cost for two shipments are paid by the customer.
If you make a purchase of an item that is not in stock (a pre-order or backorder), but change your mind and want your order shipped sooner, you may request to cancel that item for a refund (and shipping cost adjustment if the cost changes), or you may ask us to replace the item with one of equal or greater value at our discretion. In the case of a replacement, we will endeavor to replace the item with one that is similar.
INCOTERMS FCA - All orders from wholesale customers are the responsibility of the wholesale customer after the order is handed to the courier (Incoterms: FCA).
- DELIVERY GUARANTEE: Yunomi Delivery Guarantee applies only to individual retail orders, not wholesale orders. We do not guarantee delivery and recommend that your order is insured.
- INSURANCE: Any damage to order contents is the responsibility of the wholesale customer. EMS shipments are automatically insured, but DHL Express shipments require an extra fee of 2600 yen or 2% of the value of the order. We recommend that you buy insurance for large value orders if shipping by DHL Express.
- Other shipping methods may be possible. If you have an account with UPS or FEDEX that you would like used, or if you would like us to use your DHL Express account to ship your order, please let us know.
- See full Wholesale Policies here.