Recipe by Reiko Taichi
- 5g matcha
- 5g gelatin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 sakura (cherry blossom) flower
- Prepare a bowl and whisk matcha (5g) in 200cc of water. Add sugar and whisk.
- In a separate bowl, melt gelatin (5g) in 50cc of warm water.
- Whisk the gelatin (prepared in 2.) into the bowl of matcha (prepared in 1.).
- Pour into a container and let it rest in the refrigerator for over 1 hour.
- Decorated with cherry blossom from Kobayashi Shoten’s Sakura Tea
This particular Matcha Jelly shown in the photo uses Obubu’s Kitchen Grade Matcha.
Serving/presentation Ideas (see photo)
Also on the plate are matcha pancake (click here for Matcha Pancake Recipe), whipped cream, sliced bananas, and sweet red beans. Sprinkle powdered sugar before serving.
Kitchen Grade Matcha