100% Japan (Hokkaido) grown, pesticide-free dattan sobacha (Tartary buckwheat tea)!
Sobacha tea is roasted buckwheat tea. This specific sobacha is made from dattan soba 韃靼蕎麦 (tartary buckwheat, also known as bitter buckwheat) grown in Shibetsu city of Hokkaido and contains 100 times the amount of rutin (1500mg / 100g) compared to common buckwheat. Roasty flavor of sobacha is caffeine-free and is recommended to be drank at any time of the day. It can be used as your salad topping!
Compared to the Aomori-grown Dattan Sobacha, the Hokkaido sobacha has a much stronger buckwheat flavor with hints of roasted nuts, and is softer in texture (if you plan to eat it).
- NAME: Sobacha
- INGREDIENTS: 100% Hokkaido-grown dattan soba
- PACKAGE: Yunomi repacks these into our resealable craft bags to prevent damage during international shipment.
- SHOP NAME: Yamane-en Tea Shop
- LOCATION: 3-34-1 Sugamo, Toshima-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN
- ESTABLISHED: About 60 years ago.
Put about 1 tablespoon full (6 grams / 0.21 oz) of sobacha into a cup. Pour boiling water into the cup and wait for 20 seconds and the tea is ready. Try eating the soba. It will taste like cereal!!
- Name: Yamane-en Tea Shop, a small tea shop in Tokyo operated by the Shiobara family.
- Location: 3-34-1 Sugamo, Toshima-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN
- Established: About 60 years ago.
Yamane-en is a family-operated tea shop based near Sugamo Station on the Yamanote Loop Line in Tokyo and run by tea master Michio Shiobara. With 40 years of experience in the Japanese tea industry behind him, Shiobara-san offers unique teas sourced from small villages throughout Japan as well as a number of tisanes popular in Japan for their health benefits.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.