Unrefined tencha (碾茶) tea leaves (the raw material used for matcha) is roasted to create a light-bodied roasted green tea. Tencha differs from other Japanese green teas in that it is shaded for about 4 weeks before harvest and is not rolled during processing; after steaming it is dried in a special tencha oven.
- Name: Roasted Tencha Hojicha
- Japanese name: 碾茶炒りほうじ茶
- Ingredients: Green Tea
- Net Weight: 200 grams
- Harvest: Spring
- Region: Wazuka, Kyoto Prefecture
- Notes: Unrefined tencha leaves used (includes original stems, etc).
- Tea: 5 grams. Time: 30-60 seconds. Water: 90C/194F, 200 ml.
- The amounts above are guidelines. Adjust to preference.
- Consider also cold steeping (see Steeping Techniques).
- Name: Azuma Chaen
- Type: Family-owned tea factory
- Address: 20 Miyano Monzen, Wazuka-cho, Soraku-gun, Kyoto, 619-1204 JAPAN
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.