Premium sencha picked on the 88th day after spring of the new year is called hachijyuhachiya tea and is said to bring you long life. Meanwhile the first picking of the season is called hatsutsumi. Early picking of younger leaves generates a tea with an extra delicate and sweeter flavor profile. Grown by 4th, 5th, and 6th generation tea farmers in the Sayama region of Saitama.
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Harvest: May 1, 2020
- Region: Sayama, Saitama
- Steaming: Fukamushi (Deep-steamed)
- Number of Cups in 100g: 30 cups (10 uses / 3 steepings / 1 cup per steeping. Varies with your steeping recipe.)
- Tea Farm: Yokota Tea Garden
- Location: 12-5 Sawa, Sayama, Saitama 350-1303 JAPAN
Consider also cold steeping or ice steeping (see Steeping Techniques).
- 1st steeping: Tea: 5 grams or 1 teaspoon. Time: 30-60 seconds. Water: 70˚C/158˚F, 240 ml.
- 2nd steeping: Tea: same. Time: 20 seconds. Water: 80˚C/176˚F, 240 ml (about 1 cup).
- 3rd steeping: Increase time to 30-60 seconds or to desired strength.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.