A tradition in the Sayama tea production region, the green-roasting of sencha (火入れ or hi-ire in Japanese) removes the sharp astringency of sencha adding the natural sweetness of roasting without the smokiness.
50-gram size uses Yokota Tea Garden's packaging. Other sizes use Yunomi packaging.
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Cultivar: Blend
- Harvest: Spring
- Region: Sayama, Saitama
- Vendor: Yokota Tea Garden
- Vendor Type: Tea farm, family-owned
2023 package may differ from photo
Consider also cold steeping or ice steeping (see Steeping Techniques).
- 1st steeping: Tea: 5 grams or 1 teaspoon. Time: 30-60 seconds. Water: 70˚C/158˚F, 240 ml.
- 2nd steeping: Tea: same. Time: 20 seconds. Water: 70˚C/158˚F, 200 ml (about 1 cup).
- 3rd steeping: Increase time to 30-60 seconds or to desired strength.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.