Green-roasting is part of the refinement process of been Japanese green teas. The tea leaves are roasted briefly at low temperature to reduce moisture even further (to about 1-2%). This allows the leaves to be stored with little quality reduction for a longer period (6-12 months), and imparts a toasty sweetness to the leaf.
Sourced from the town of Higashiyama, Shizuoka.
- Ingredients: Green Tea
- Cultivar: Blended
- Harvest: Spring (Note the "Shincha" package is only available when the tea is still new shincha in May and June.)
- Processing notes: deep steamed and green roasted
- Region: Higashiyama, Shizuoka
- Name: Yamane-en Tea Shop, a small tea shop in Tokyo operated by the Shiobara family.
- Location: 3-34-1 Sugamo, Toshima-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN
- Established: About 60 years ago.
Yamane-en is a family-operated tea shop based near Sugamo Station on the Yamanote Loop Line in Tokyo and run by tea master Michio Shiobara. With 40 years of experience in the Japanese tea industry behind him, Shiobara-san offers unique teas sourced from small villages throughout Japan as well as a number of tisanes popular in Japan for their health benefits.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.