Tarui-san's first flush green tea, deep-steamed, but left unrefined. In order to properly store the tea leaves over a longer period, the leaves are green roasted, which also imparts a slight toastiness to the leaf.
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Harvest: May
- Steaming: Fukamushi, deep steamed
- Region: Nearaicho, Shizuoka Prefecture
Consider also cold steeping or ice steeping (see Steeping Techniques). The main thing to note is that lower water temperatures create a sweeter flavor profile while hotter temperatures create a more bitter, astringent profile. More water or less tea will reduce the strength of the tea.
- 1st steeping - Tea: 1 tea bag. Time: 45-60 seconds. Water: 70C/160F, 200 ml.
- 2nd steeping - Time: 10-20 seconds. Water: 80-90C/180-195F, 200 ml (about 1 cup).
- 3rd steeping - Increase time to 30-60 seconds or to desired strength.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.