Spring sencha harvested between late April to early May. The Takeo family is one of a few family-operated artisan tea farms who have had their tea certified by the Japanese government.
JAS (Japan Agricultural Standard) certification mark
The amounts below are guidelines. Adjust to preference.
- Tea Leaves: 3 grams (0.11 oz)
- Water Amount: 100cc (1/2 cup, 3.4 fl oz)
- Water Temperature: 60-70˚C degrees (140-158˚F degrees)
- Steeping Time: 1 minute
- Name: Organic Spring Sencha Kodawari #2 Premium
- Japanese name: 有機栽培茶こだわり 特上春煎茶
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Harvest: May
- Region: Tsu City, Mie Prefecture
- Name: Takeo Tea Farm
- Type: Tea farm, family business
- Farmer: Hiroyuki Takeo
- Established: 1925, all fields converted to organic cultivation in 1993, certified as organic in 2000
- Certification: JAS certified organic (legally equivalent to USDA, EU, French, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand organic certifications)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.