Certified organic bancha green tea harvested in the summer by the Takeo family. Compared to sencha, tea leaves of bancha is larger with less caffeine and more catechin.
Bancha is known under different names depending on the region, and is sometimes referred to as senryu 川柳. In Mie prefecture spring and summer harvested bancha is often referred to as yanagi-cha 柳茶 and autumn harvest as bancha 番茶. We have named our product 'Aoyanagi in May' for spring harvest, 'Aoyanagi' for summer harvest, and 'Bancha Organic' for autumn harvest.
Note: 50-gram bag packed by Yunomi loses its organic certification. 1kg bag from Takeo Tea Farm is certified organic.
The amounts below are guidelines. Adjust to preference.
- Tea: 3 grams
- Time: 1 minute
- Water Amount: 100cc (1/2 cup, 3.4 fl oz)
- Water Temperature: 90˚C degrees (194˚F degrees)
- Resteep up to 3x
- Name: Organic Bancha Green Tea, Aoyanagi (May spring harvest)
- Japanese name: 五月の青柳番茶
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Net weight: 50 grams, 1 kg
- Harvest: May
- Region: Tsu City, Mie Prefecture