From one of Japan's organic tea pioneers comes a special premium shaded sencha or Kabuse Sencha. Shaded for two weeks for harvest, the deep pine-green leaf needles give a rich aroma of umami savoriness.
OUR STEEPING EXPERIENCE
Steeped at 40˚C/104˚F degrees for 3 minutes (3 grams of leaf, 80 ml of water), it creates a syrupy ambrosia that is to be enjoyed drop by drop.
We recommend you steep all the umami savoriness from the leaf at low temperatures, then you may proceed to steeping the refined astringency at hotter temperatures with larger amounts of water. (See our gyokuro steeping techniques)
The more standard Warm Water method is also recommended for a balance of umami and astringency (see the Steeping Notes tab).
- Name: Organic Kabuse Sencha
- Japanese Name: かぶせ煎茶
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Harvest: Mid-May harvest
- Region: Fujieda, Shizuoka
- Cultivation notes: Pesticide free. Fertilized with organic compost. Shaded for approximately 2 weeks before harvest.
- Producer: Toshiaki Kinezuka, NaturaliTea by the Kinezuka Family
- Location: 1416-3 Takizawa Fujieda-shi, Shizuoka 426-0134 Japan
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.