Kabusecha tea is grown beneath shading, reducing about 85% of the sunlight. This allows the leaves to mature without obtaining bitterness like gyokuro. However, the period of shading is usually shorter, 10-14 days, allowing for a slightly more astringency than gyokuro and producing a tea with a refined balance.
- Name: Mountain-Grown Yamecha Kabusecha Green Tea
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Cultivation notes: Machine harvested, shaded for 2 weeks
- Processing: Regular steaming
- Producer: Kippei, Yuji, and Akio Kurihara (Father and sons), Kurihara Seicha Ltd.
- Location: 4236 Kita Yabe, Yabe-mura, Yame-shi, Fukuoka Prefecture 834-1401, JAPAN
- Size / # of Fields: About 3 hectares
- Altitude: 300 - 700 meters
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.