The saemidori cultivar is known for its brilliant color and brilliant green is exactly what you get with this leaf when steeping at hotter temperatures. But besides the color, the surprising amount of umami flavor despite zero shading is a testament to Kuma-san's soil development and care for his plants.
We find that this tea is so delicate, you can have a lot of fun steeping it like a gyokuro.
- 1st steeping - Tea: 3g. Time: 3 min. Water: 40C/104F, 30 ml.
- 2nd steeping - Time: 20 sec. Water: 90C/194F, 200 ml.
- 3rd steeping - Time: 60 sec. Water: 90C/194F, 200 ml.
- Remember, these are just guidelines (and may differ on our label). You can and should adjust according to your preference. More tea / less water / longer time for a stronger flavor; lower temperature for more sweetness / hotter temperature for more bitterness.
- Name: Imperial Sencha Saemidori
- Japanese name: 煎茶さえみどり
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Cultivar: Saemidori
- Harvest: April 23, 2018
- Region: Yame, Fukuoka
- Steaming: A long chumushi (regular) but not quite fukamushi (deep steamed) creating leaf that is largely powdery but retains some shape and a tea liquor that is deep green and opaque when steeped at a hot temperature.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.