- Matcha (Ceremonial Grade Matcha) 10g
- Milk 300ml
- Beet sugar (may be substituted by granulated sugar) 40g
- Low fat heavy cream 100cc
- Hot water 90cc
- Egg white 1
1) In a small pan, put milk and sugar and cook over low heat for 20-30min. Make sure not to burn or overflow the liquid. Turn off heat once the liquid becomes thick.
2) In a bowl, put matcha, pour hot water and whisk. If you do not have a chasen (matcha whisk) use a small whisk to mix thoroughly.
3) Mix in heavy cream into 2).
4) Mix the whisked matcha 3) into the pan 1) and place it in a freezer for over 5 hours.
5) Beat egg white and mix with 4). Place it in a freezer again for over 5 hours.
6) You can mix the gelato several times in between the 5 hours if you wish.
Ceremonial Grade Matcha