Recipe by Reiko Taichi
- Cooked sweet Azuki 150g
- Unsalted butter 60g
- Granulated sugar 70g
- 2 Eggs
- A) Matcha powder 10g (The premium grade gives you the best flavor.)
- A) Flour 180g
- A) Baking powder 2 teaspoon
- Brandy 1tablespoon
- In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating after each addition. Add brandy. Use electric mixer and gradually add beaten eggs.
- Stir in A) and mix well. Then add cooked sweet Azuki.
- Divide dough in half. Place each dough on saran wrap and form logs about 10x20cm (3.97 x 7.87in).
- Let it sit in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C (340 degrees F). Bake for 15 minutes. Take it out from the oven and cut into about 1.5-2 cm (0.59 – 0.78 in) slice while still hot.
- Put it back in the oven and bake at 160 degrees C (320 degrees F) for 15 minutes. Turn cookies over and bake for another 15 minutes. The cookie is ready when crispy!
[product_category category=”matcha-kitchen” per_page=”12″ columns=”4″ orderby=”date” order=”desc”]