A premium tea plant variety (cultivar) developed in Kyoto, matcha made with Uji Hikari leaves produces a refreshing green color that invites you to stroll through the spring tea fields in Wazuka.
Our matcha is made for usucha (thin matcha) although we have had more than a few tea ceremony practitioners say they enjoy it as koicha (thick matcha) as well.
- Name: Uji Hikari Matcha
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Net weight: 25 grams (0.88 oz)
- Cultivar: Uji Hikari
- Harvest: Spring
- Cultivation & processing notes: Shaded for 3-4 weeks prior to harvest, steamed and dried without rolling to make tencha leaves. Refined tencha leaves are then ground by stone mill into matcha powder.
- Packaging: Yunomi packaging (resealable craft bag outer package, foil inner package). Plastic spoon included.
- Name: Kyoto Obubu Tea Farms
- President / farmer: Akihiro Kita
- Location: Wazuka, Kyoto
Kyoto Obubu Tea Plantations, is a Japanese tea brand owned and operated by tea farmers in the town of Wazuka, Kyoto. Started by Akihiro Kita and Yasuharu Matsumoto in 2004, the company began as an agricultural social venture. Akky and Matsu's aim was and still is, to teach tea lovers both in Japan and overseas about the value of tea farming, and to contribute to society through tea.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.