Roasted Barley Tea or Mugicha is a popular herbal tea in Japan, especially in summer season as an iced tea. 100% of this organic roasted barley tea comes from Ishikawa Prefecture based Kanazawa Agriculture. Kanazawa Daichi Co., Ltd., is the manufacturing arm of Kanazawa Agriculture Co., Ltd.
Kanazawa Agriculture has been long dedicated to organic farming, and its operations were organic certified (in 2009) under the USDA's National Organic Program, the Japan Organic & Natural Foods Association (2001), and meets the EU Organic Farming certification qualifications.
(Kanazawa Daichi CEO Shinjiro Imura at left, Kanazawa Agriculture's Chairman and Shinjiro's father, Akira Imura, at right)
- Name: Organic Roasted Barley Tea
- Japanese name: 有機六条大麦茶
- Ingredients: 100% barley grown in Japan
- Net weight: 160 grams (16 tea packs x 10 grams)
- Region: Ishikawa Prefecture
- Cultivar: Six-row barley (六条大麦)
- HOT: Bring water to a boil with a kettle and put 1 teabag per 1 liter. Boil for about 10 minutes and remove the teabag(s).
- COLD: Put 1 teabag into 1 liter of water. Leave it for about 3 hours and remove the teabag.