Lemongrass Houjicha uses lemongrass grown organically without the use of pesticides, in the city of Takeo, Saga Prefecture and Nankan, Kumamoto Prefecture in Kyushu. Furyu’s tea master Nobuhiko Ikematsu then roasts the lemongrass carefully in small batches to produce a mixture of fresh lemongrass and sweet smoky flavor.
- Ingredients: Roasted lemongrass
- Cultivar: --
- Harvest Season: --
- Cultivation & Processing Notes: Roasted
- Region: Takeo, Saga & Nankan, Kumamoto Prefecture
- Net Weight: 20 grams (Yunomi white washi paper resealable package), 100 grams (Yunomi craft resealable package), 500 grams (silver bulk bag)
- Tea: 2 grams or about 2 teaspoons. Time: 90 seconds. Water: 90˚C/194˚F, 200 ml. (This tea is hard to oversteep, so longer times are possible.)
- The amounts above are guidelines. Adjust to preference.
- Consider also cold steeping (see Steeping Techniques).
- Name: Furyu Bancha Specialty Shop
- Type: Tea shop
- Owner: Nobuhiko Ikematsu, Bancha specialist
- Established: 2010
- Location: Fukuoka, Japan
About Bancha Specialty Shop Furyu
Bancha Specialty Shop Furyu was established in 2010 by aspiring tea master Nobuhiko Ikematsu, who works directly with farmers in Kurume City, Fukuoka, to develop delicious bancha teas. He is also a specialist gathering rare bancha teas from around Japan.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.