The raw ingredient, genmai (brown rice) that is used for this soy sauce koji is pesticide-free organic brown rice grown on our (Ayumi Farms) through the duck farming method (called Aigamo Nouhou in Japanese). We do everything by hand from rice planting to harvesting. Indeed, we are very particular about our genmai which is known to be rich in vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber. And we make our very own genmai koji (brown rice starter). The soy sauce comes from Sakae Soy Sauce, they prepare the soy sauce in wooden barrels within Shizuoka prefecture and they are continuing to make soy sauce with domestic ingredients based on traditional methods.
Grown without pesticides, grown without chemical fertilizers.
How to use this soy sauce koji? It can be utilized as a versatile seasoning instead of salt. You can enjoy it with your rice, have it with your raw egg over rice (although this may be a specific to Japan), with your steamed or fried vegetables, there are many options to explore. It will add a curious deep sweetness and richness that is unique to the genmai koji giving abundant depth into your dishes.
- Processing Notes: No pesticides, no chemical fertilizers
- Region: Fujieda, Shizuoka prefecture
- Storage: After opening, it is best to store in a refrigerator or cool place
- Ingredients: Pesticide-free brown rice, pesticide-free soybeans, sun-dried salt
About the Farmer
- Name: Ayumi Kinezuka
- Vendor Type: Family business (Ayumi Farm: Cyittorattu)
- Location: Fujieda-shi, Shizuoka, Japan 426-0134
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.