Premium fukamushicha (a deep steamed tea leaf) made with a single tea plant cultivar, okumidori. The Okumidori tea cultivar is a cultivar that has been quite popular in recent years for its strong natural umami flavor and refreshing taste and smell. It is often blended with the Yabukita cultivar but this tea from the Yokota Tea Garden is a single cultivar, allowing you to fully taste this well-rounded cultivar. Grown by 4th, 5th, and 6th generation tea farmers in the famous Sayama region of Saitama prefecture.
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Cultivar: Okumidori
- Net weight: 100 grams
- Harvest: May, shaded for about 2 weeks
- Region: Sayama, Saitama
- Steaming: Fukamushi
- Tea Farm: Yokota Tea Garden
- Location: 12-5 Sawa, Sayama, Saitama 350-1303 JAPAN
Consider also cold steeping or ice steeping (see Steeping Techniques).
- 1st steeping: Tea: 5 grams or 1 teaspoon. Time: 30-60 seconds. Water: 70˚C/158˚F, 240 ml.
- 2nd steeping: Tea: same. Time: 20 seconds. Water: 80˚C/176˚F, 240 ml (about 1 cup).
- 3rd steeping: Increase time to 30-60 seconds or to desired strength.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.