Premium fukamushicha (a deep steamed tea leaf) made with a single tea plant cultivar, okumidori. The Okumidori tea cultivar is a cultivar that has been quite popular in recent years for its strong natural umami flavor and refreshing taste and smell. It is often blended with the Yabukita cultivar but this tea from the Yokota Tea Garden is a single cultivar, allowing you to fully taste this well-rounded cultivar. Grown by 4th, 5th, and 6th generation tea farmers in the famous Sayama region of Saitama prefecture.
2023 package may differ from photo
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Cultivar: Okumidori
- Harvest: May, shaded for about 2 weeks
- Region: Sayama, Saitama
- Steaming: Fukamushi
- Tea Farm: Yokota Tea Garden
Consider also cold steeping or ice steeping (see Steeping Techniques).
- 1st steeping: Tea: 5 grams or 1 teaspoon. Time: 30-60 seconds. Water: 70˚C/158˚F, 240 ml.
- 2nd steeping: Tea: same. Time: 20 seconds. Water: 70˚C/158˚F, 200 ml (about 1 cup).
- 3rd steeping: Increase time to 30-60 seconds or to desired strength.