Flavor & Steeping Notes
Consider also cold steeping or ice steeping (see Steeping Techniques). The main thing to note is that lower water temperatures create a sweeter flavor profile while hotter temperatures create a more bitter, astringent profile. More water or less tea will reduce the strength of the tea.
- 1st steeping - Tea: 5 grams. Time: 45-60 seconds. Water: 70C/160F, 200 ml. This should produce a clear light yellow green liquor with complex flavor on the more astringent side.
- 2nd steeping - Time: 10-20 seconds. Water: 80-90C/180-195F, 200 ml (about 1 cup).
- 3rd steeping - Increase time to 30-60 seconds or to desired strength.
- Name: Organic Sencha Kiriyama Mushin
- Japanese name: 有機 霧山無心
- Ingredients: green tea
- Cultivar: Shizu 7132
- Cultivation & Processing Notes
- Uses a machine harvesting of the top bud and first two leaves (isshin niyou 一芯二葉)
- Steaming: regular steamed
- Harvest: Late April.
- Region: Nearaicho, Shizuoka Prefecture
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.