Also known as a latte grade or cafe grade, this matcha is meant for use in making lattes, chocolates, ice cream, matcha latte, and baked goods such as cakes, frosting, cookies, etc. What it lacks in color and aroma, it makes up in a flavor balanced in umami and astringency, combined with a smooth texture. (Yes you can drink it straight as a matcha too, but it’s not nearly as good straight as ceremonial grade options).
Note: packaging may change from time to time.
Based on our own tasting, this product has the following profile. However, tastings are not conducted side by side, and different water, ambient temperature, etc. may affect the outcome. There will also be some variation from product to product. Please use this profile as a simple guide.
- Umami strength (5 = strongest): 2/5
- Astringency (5 = least astringent): 3/5
- Color (1 = yellow, 5 = brilliant green): 2/5
- Texture (1 = very grainy, 5 = very smooth): 4/5
- Color: Dull but dark green.
- Texture: Ultra fine. (A very low grade matcha would taste grainy.)
- Aroma: Weak
- Flavor: Strong. Good balance of umami / astringency.
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Region: We source from Kagoshima, Kyoto, Nishio, Mie, and Shizuoka, Japan.
- Harvest: Spring
- Notes: All tea leaves are used were grown without pesticides but were not necessarily certified as organic
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.