This level of matcha is meant for uses such as large scale baking, or smoothies and other drinks where the color is not important. The matcha flavor is bitter which lowers its value as matcha, but alternatively helps the matcha flavor stand out against other flavors whereas high grade matcha generally becomes overwhelmed unless a large amount is used.
See other grades
Note: packaging may change from time to time.
Learn more about how Yunomi grades matcha
- Ingredients: Green tea powder
- Packaging: Resealable silver plastic bags
Yunomi Evaluation - 6/100
Based on our own tasting, this product has the following profile. However, tastings are not conducted side by side, and different water, ambient temperature, etc. may affect the outcome. Please use this profile as a simple guide.
- Umami: 1/20 (20 being the richest umami). No umami flavor.
- Creaminess: 1/20 (20 being the creamiest). Not creamy.
- Lack of Astringency: 1/20 (20 being least astringent). Very astringent.
- Lack of Bitterness: 1/20 (20 being least bitter). Very bitter.
- Color: 1/10 (10 being the most vibrant green). Dull yellow-green color.
- Texture: 1/10 (10 being most smooth / least grainy). Grainy texture.
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Region: We source from Kagoshima, Kyoto, Nishio, Mie, and Shizuoka, Japan.
- Harvest: Spring
- Notes: All tea leaves are used were grown without pesticides but were not necessarily certified as organic
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.