A first flush harvest of leaves from the Ureshino region of Saga prefecture, this tea is called tamaryokucha (a curled sencha), or more specifically, guricha because it has been steamed (in this case, deep-steamed). Both names refer to the fact that the rolling sencha process skips the last step allowing the leaves to curl.
Try the special limited edition of this tea, Ureshino Shincha Guricha, while available!
- Name: Ureshino First Flush Guricha
- Packaging: During the months of May, June and July, the shincha (新茶) package is used. Afterwards, the ordinary packages are used.
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Harvest: Spring
- Region: Ureshino, Saga
- Name: Yamane-en Tea Shop, a small tea shop in Tokyo operated by the Shiobara family.
- Location: 3-34-1 Sugamo, Toshima-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN
- Established: About 60 years ago.
Yamane-en is a family-operated tea shop based near Sugamo Station on the Yamanote Loop Line in Tokyo and run by tea master Michio Shiobara. With 40 years of experience in the Japanese tea industry behind him, Shiobara-san offers unique teas sourced from small villages throughout Japan as well as a number of tisanes popular in Japan for their health benefits.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.