Featuring a beautiful swallow (kamome), Azalea (Tsutsuji flower) and salmon (syake fish) which are symbol of Otsuchi town, on 100% cotton T-shirt.
- Name: Hand stitched by Tsunami Survivors Sashiko T-shirts White & Black
- Size: One size (size image as photo)
- Meterial: 100% Cotton
- Color: Black (image varies slightly from actual color depending on your computer screen)
- Care: Hand wash in warm water with mild soap. Using hot water may result in the color bleeding.
- Iron: Place a bath towel between the mat and iron. Use iron on low heat.
*Measurements above are approximate
Name: Otsuchi Recovery Sashiko Project (槌復興刺し子プロジェクト)
Location: Iwate Prefecture (headquarters in Kyoto) - Imukinoueda bldg. 403, 21 Gojo Takakurakado Sakai-machi, Shimokyo-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto Prefecture 600-8191 JAPAN
Otsuchi Sashiko Recovery Project
Sashiko is a style of stitching that features dot-like patterns. The Otsuchi Sashiko Recovery Project is a non-profit organization that gathers residents living in temporary housing facilities surrounding the town of Otsuchi to create Sashiko products. Residents are not only paid for their work, but more importantly, as they gather to hand stitch these items, are able to rebuild a sense of Community absent from life at temporary housing facilities.