Sourced from tea farms in the regions surrounding Uji, Kyoto, Nishide-san refines and blends handpicked gyokuro tea leaves into this Modern Heritage Uji Gyokuro. The shading also uses a canopy instead of direct covering preventing damage to the leaves, and allowing them to grow freely.
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Harvest: Spring
- Cultivation & Processing Notes: Shaded for 3 weeks, steamed lightly, rolled, dried, blended with handpicked Gyokuro.
- Region: Kyoto Prefecture
- 1st Steeping - Tea: 5 grams. Time: 60 seconds. Water: 60˚C/140˚F, 1 cup.
- 2nd Steeping - Time: 10 seconds. Water: 80˚C/176˚F, 1 cup.
- 3rd Steeping - Time: 45 seconds. Water: 90˚C/194˚F, 1 cup.
- The amounts above are guidelines. Adjust to preference.
- Consider also advanced steeping techniques such as cold or ice steeping (see Steeping Techniques).
- Name: Nishide Tea Factory (Nishide Seichajyo Co., Ltd.)
- Type: Family-owned tea factory
- CEO: Takashi Nishide
- Address: 59 Higashiokutani Zenjyoji, Ujitawara-cho, Tsuzuki-gun, Kyoto 610-0201, Japan
The Nishide Tea Factory is managed by husband and wife team, Takashi and Atsuko Nishide and their family. Established over 140 years ago, the Nishide family buys aracha tea (unrefined leaves) from the tea farms of Kyoto and surrounding prefectures, and refines them further to craft high quality tea leaves that are uniform in color and shape, and of course excellent in flavor.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.