A saemidori single cultivar sencha from Kurihara Tea Farm’s new tea field in Yame, Fukuoka prefecture.
The saemidori cultivar has gained respect in the industry for it’s bright color, sweet and umami rich flavor. As sencha, it produces a delicious balance of grassiness with strong savoriness from the umami.
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Harvest: May
- Region: Yabemura village, Yame, Fukuoka
- Notes: Regular steaming (40-50 seconds) used but leaves are young and delicate so the results is close to a deep steaming (fukamushi)
- Name: Kurihara Seicha Ltd.
- Members: Kippei, Yuji, and Akio Kurihara (Father and sons)
- Location: 4236 Kita Yabe, Yabe-mura, Yame-shi, Fukuoka Prefecture 834-1401, JAPAN
- Size of fields: About 3 hectares
- Altitude of fields: 300 - 700 meters
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.