A very premium sencha from the Kurihara family in the Village of Yabe, Yame District, Fukuoka, the Hime Shizuku is made with delicate first flush spring harvested leaves, and steamed just a little longer than usual to create a deep green color.
Note: 100g bag packaging may vary between one of the two versions in the photo gallery.
- 1st steeping - Tea: 5g. Time: 60 sec. Water: 60C/140F, 200 ml.
- 2nd steeping -Time: 20 sec. Water: 90C/194F, 200 ml.
- 3rd / 4th steeping - Time: 30-60 sec. or adjust to preference. Water: 90C/194F, 200 ml.
- Name: Imperial Sencha Hime Shizuku
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Harvest: May
- Packaging: Either the resealable craft bag, or vacuum sealed Yame Mountains bag. Main photo is generally current stock, but may change depending on stock levels.
- Region: Yabe Village, Yame District, Fukuoka
- Notes: Machine harvested
- Producer: Kippei, Yuji, and Akio Kurihara (Father and sons), Kurihara Seicha Ltd.
- Location: 4236 Kita Yabe, Yabe-mura, Yame-shi, Fukuoka Prefecture 834-1401, JAPAN
- Size / # of Fields: About 3 hectares
- Altitude: 300 - 700 meters