Along with Dobashien's Higashiyama sencha, this Oimatsu blend is also one of the most popular teas from the tea company. This sencha blend is well-balanced with respect to sweetness, umami, and shibumi. When you drink it, it will make you feel at peace. The Oimatsu is a tea that you will not tire of even if you drink it everyday. The Dobashien Tea Company strongly recommends this blend as an at home, go-to tea. Enjoy!
- Name: Imperial Shizuoka Sencha, Oimatsu
- Japanese name: 老松
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Net weight: 100g / 3.52 oz (sample sized packed by Yunomi)
- Region: Shizuoka Prefecture
- Name: Dobashien Tea Company
- Type: Merchant & manufacturer
- Location: 3-17-8 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-0052
In 1892, Dobashien's founder Tetsugoro Dobashi established a small tea shop in a quiet residential district on the outskirts of Tokyo. As the city expanded, the area known as Akasaka-Mitsuke became one of the city's elite districts with ryotei, luxury Japanese restaurants, hosting meetings between powerful politicians. At these ryotei, only the best tea leaves from Shizuoka and other parts of Japan are served.