Description from Dobashien
Tea leaves cultivated to be strong in the mountain climate of Shirakawa, Gifu, this tea has a unique, fresh aroma balanced by a rich flavor that expands on your tongue.
山あいの気候でたくましく育った茶葉は 独特のさわやかな香気が特色です。さわやかな香りと深い滋味の味わい。 ふわっとした飲み口をお楽しみいただけます。
- Shibumi / astringency: 2/6
- Nigami / bitterness: 3/6
- Steaming level: 6/6 (fukamushi)
- Green roasting: Strong
- Tea: 5 grams
- Time: 90 seconds
- Water temperature: 80C/178F
- Water amount: 200 ml
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Japanese Name: 白川の香 / Shirakawa no Kaori
- Harvest: Spring
- Region: Shirakawa Village, Gifu Prefecture, Japan
In 1892, Dobashien's founder Tetsugoro Dobashi established a small tea shop in a quiet residential district on the outskirts of Tokyo. As the city expanded, the area known as Akasaka-Mitsuke became one of the city's elite districts with ryotei, luxury Japanese restaurants, hosting meetings between powerful politicians. At these ryotei, only the best tea leaves from Shizuoka and other parts of Japan are served.
- Name: Dobashien Tea Company
- Established: 1892
- Location: 3-17-8 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-0052
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.