Chikutan, or bamboo charcoal, is charcoal made by a traditional process of roasting bamboo in a 1000C degree kiln for a month. The charcoal is then powdered and used in a proprietary dyeing process to create a soft, natural gray hue for the material of this bag.
- Name: Bamboo Charcoal - Chikutan Shoulder Bag
- Size: height 31 cm, width 30 cm (excludes the handle)
- Material: 100% cotton
- Origin: Dyed in Kyoto. Made in Japan.
- Name: Maeda Senko ("Dye Works")
- CEO: Junichi Maeda
- Established: 1961 by Seichi Maeda
- Location: 168 Saiinshimizuchō, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.