We ship worldwide.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the availability of certain shipping methods, countries, and rates are constantly changing.
For the most current standard & promo rates: please add the items you'd like to purchase to your cart and use the shipping estimator to calculate.
The below policy was updated June 19, Japan time.
Domestic Shipping (within Japan)
- Free shipping for orders of ¥2000 or more
- Other rates available. Use the cart page shipping estimate calculator for most current rates and methods.
- Wholesale orders will be invoiced or refunded according to the actual shipping cost + 10% handling charge.
- Domestic consumption tax will apply.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic shipping availability via postal airmail is constantly changing. Postal airmail shipping has resumed to many countries, but not all, and is also experiencing delays in some cases. Add the items you would like to purchase to your cart, and use the shipping estimator to see current rates.
DHL Express Shipping
- Regions: DHL shipping is available to most countries (import processing fees and VAT may be charged directly to you by DHL). Things to note:
- DHL in Russia, Mexico, Saudi Arabia require you to be a business with an import license to receive deliveries
- Tax & import processing fees
- are not charged in the USA for tea
- In Europe, Canada and other countries VAT / GST and other types of sales or import taxes may be required. To speed up processing, DHL will pay these fees on your behalf and then charge you locally with an additional processing fee. This processing fee varies per country (often 10 - 20 Euro but it may be percentage based as well). You should confirm with your local DHL office if this is an issue.
- Customs processing fees are especially high in Spain, Portugal and Greece. For those in Spain, a customer has provided some guidance on how to reduce fees by doing the customs processing yourself. Please use at your own risk.
- DHL Express charges processing fees to handle import taxes on your behalf which speeds up delivery. (DHL fee schedule - Bonded Storage fees, Advance Payment fees are most relevant)
- Shipping promotions may be offered to retail customers, but should not be used by wholesale customers.
- Remote area surcharges may be billed separately if your location is outside of DHL's service area (you will have the option to cancel if this is too high).
DHL Rates for North America & Europe (select countries)
- Below rates are may not be accurate. Please use the checkout for the most accurate current rates.
- Up to 1.5kg: ¥3000 (EU: ¥3500)
- Up to 4kg: ¥5500 (EU: ¥7000)
- Up to 5kg: ¥7500 (EU: ¥9000)
- Above 5kg: An initial ¥10,000 fee will be charged and we will calculate shipping after preparing the shipment. If the shipping charge is lower than ¥10,000, you will be refunded. If it is higher than ¥10,000, an invoice will be sent by email for the additional charge. An estimate of ¥2000/kg is recommended.
- For the USA: A temporary special lower rate combining DHL and USPS shipment is available for small orders under 1000 grams. Please see rates at checkout.
- IMPORTANT: These rates do not include taxes and customs processing fees that may be charged by DHL.
DHL / Postal Airmail Rates for other countries
For other countries, we will charge a handling fee to investigate shipping methods and bill you afterwards (the handling fee will be counted toward shipping). A few days may be required to investigate. We kindly ask for your patience.
Yunomi Delivery Guarantee
A Yunomi Guarantee of Delivery is offered for all items with a tracking number (except where noted). In the event of damage or loss, we will replace your item, send you a refund or provide store credit. However, we ask for your patience on processing time and in certain cases shipment time (allowing for a maximum of 2 months from shipment to delivery).
A guarantee against loss or damage is not offered for "Non-tracked postal airmail" -- we ask for your understanding in that you bear the risk for this shipping method.
Policy on Delayed Orders
Orders may be delayed 3-6 weeks if the item purchased is not in stock. Beyond 6 weeks, we will provide a full refund on shipping. We do not ship items separately unless requested and cost for two shipments are paid by the customer.
If you make a purchase of an item that is not in stock (a pre-order or backorder), but change your mind and want your order shipped sooner, you may request to cancel that item for a refund (and shipping cost adjustment if the cost changes), or you may ask us to replace the item with one of equal or greater value at our discretion. In the case of a replacement, we will endeavor to replace the item with one that is similar.
All orders from wholesale customers should be handled manually, with wholesale customer bearing the full cost of shipping / insurance. Wholesale customers are also fully responsible for the shipment after it is handed to the courier (Incoterms: FCA). No guarantee of delivery is provided, but we will aid with any problems to the best of our ability.