A delicious green tea for your daily cup, the first steeping of Kurihara-san's Hime Kaori offers a smooth balance between sweet and astringent flavors with a hint of roast, perfect for a nice moment of relaxation.
First steeping: 5 grams of tea, 1 minute, 70C/158F degrees, 200 ml water
Primed for flavor extraction, second steeping will come out strong, so pour your hot water into the pot, and immediately out into your cup. The astringency will be noticeable for a strong, full-bodied tea with a hint of sweet but tangy citrus.
Second steeping: 10-20 seconds, 90C/194F degrees, 200 ml water
Grown by the Kurihara brothers in the back hills of Yame, in a small village of a 1000 people called Yabemura.
- Name: Superior Sencha - Hime Kaori
- Japanese name: 上煎茶媛かおり
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Cultivar: Yabukita blend
- Harvest: May
- Region: Yabemura, Yame, Fukuoka
- Notes: Machine harvested from the tea fields of the Kurihara family farm
- Name: Kurihara Seicha Ltd. - Kippei, Yuji, and Akio Kurihara (Father and sons)
- Location: 4236 Kita Yabe, Yabe-mura, Yame-shi, Fukuoka Prefecture 834-1401, JAPAN
- Size: About 3 hectares in multiple tea fields
- Altitude: 300 - 700 meters depending on the field
Payment & Security