Houjicha is made by roasting ryokucha (green tea) over a strong fire, which gives the distinct roasted flavor.
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Japanese name: 上ほうじ茶
- Cultivar: Blend
- Harvest Season: Summer
- Cultivation & Processing Notes: Roasted. Pesticides not used in cultivation.
- Region: Mie Prefecture
- Number of Cups in 100g: 80 cups (20 uses / 4 steepings / 1 cup per steeping. Varies with your steeping recipe.)
- Tea: 3 grams or 1 teaspoon. Time: 30-60 seconds. Water: 90˚C/194˚F, 240 ml.
- The amounts above are guidelines. Adjust to preference.
- Consider also cold steeping (see Steeping Techniques).
- Name: Takeo Tea Farm
- Location: Tsu-shi, Mie Prefecture, JAPAN
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.