Since it can also be enjoyed cold, this homemade herbal tea is popular year round! A wonderful tea to have amongst your selection of teas.
- Net weight: 40 grams / 1.4 oz
- Harvest: Spring
- Cultivation & Processing Notes: No pesticides, no chemical fertilizers
- Region: Ashikita, Kumamoto Prefecture
- Storage: Store sealed airtight in cool, dry area avoiding sunlight
Steeping Recommendation from Kajihara-san
For enjoying hot
- Tea: 3 grams.
- Time: 60 seconds.
- Water: 90C/194F, 100 ml.
- Notes: With the first steep, you will sense the kamairicha. With the second steep, the refreshing scent of lemongrass will become apparent. Please enjoy many steeps
For enjoying cold
- Tea: 10 grams.
- Time: 2 hours in the refrigerator
- Water: 1 liter (cold water)
- Notes: Steeping for longer period of time will bring out the shibumi (astringency) and bitterness. When it is ready to drink, we recommend transferring it to a different pitcher (i.e., without the tea leaves)
About the Tea Farmer
- Name: Toshihiro Kajihara
- Vendor Type: Family farm (Kajihara Tea Garden)
- Location: Ashikita, Ashikita-gun, Kumamoto 869-6303, Japan
The Kajihara Tea Garden is cultivated by Toshihiro Kajihara, a 3rd generation tea farmer based in the 9-family hamlet of Tsuge in Ashikita Village, Kumamoto. Being first born in his family, he was expected to continue the family business and so specialized in tea during his studies in the Public Agricultural University in Kumamoto prefecture. At the age of 20, he returned home to start his tea career.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.