The Azuma family’s oolong tea is made with specific cultivars from single fields. Without using pesticides, small insects called unka populate the field in the early summer and damage the leaves in a way that turns into a delicious flavor when the leaves are withered into oolong tea. The process is similar to that seen in the Taiwanese oolong called Oriental Beauty.
Ingredients: Oolong tea
- Cultivar: Uji Midori
- Harvest Season: Summer
- Region: Kyoto Prefecture
- Steeping - Tea: 5 grams. Time: 3~5 minutes. Water: 80~100˚C/176~212˚F, 200cc~300cc.
- Drinking tea cold or with milk or sugar also good.
- The amounts above are guidelines. Adjust to preference.
- Consider also advanced steeping techniques such as cold or ice steeping (see Steeping Techniques).
- Name: Azuma Chaen
- Type: Family-owned tea factory
- Location: Wazuka Village, Kyoto, Japan
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.