We were quite surprised when we learned about this tea. While the definition of green tea is that does not undergo oxidization—oxidization being stopped by heating via steaming or pan-firing—this tea leaf is immediately sent to the rolling/drying process without this fixation step.
Using the below steeping parameters, we taste a light, translucent tea with mild astringency, and surprisingly sweet vegetal flavor. The bitterness that you might expect from a bancha is very light.
- Tea: 5 grams. Time: 60 sec. Water: 90C/194F, 200 ml.
- The manufacturer recommends steeping it cold, 10g, 1-2L, refrigerating for 5 hours.
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Harvest: Autumn
- Steaming: none
- Region: Shimane Prefecture
- Producer: Ocha no Sankoen
- CEO: Masaya Oshima
- Established: 1984
- Employees: 13
- Family business, factory
- Certifications: ISO22000 (2016/7/27)
Payment & Security