The delicious blend of tencha leaves (tea leaf processed into flakes) by master blender, CEO Hiroshi Kobayashi, has created an exquisite matcha for tea ceremony practitioners. Hatsu Mukashi, a blend meant for making Koicha, thick tea, with an intense explosion of umami flavor.
Based on our own tasting, this product has the following profile. However, tastings are not conducted side by side, and different water, ambient temperature, etc. may affect the outcome. Please use this profile as a simple guide.
- Umami strength (5 = strongest): 5/5
- Astringency (5 = least astringent): 4.5/5
- Color (1 = yellow, 5 = brilliant green): 5/5
- Texture (1 = very grainy, 5 = very smooth): 5/5
- Name: Matcha Hatsu Mukashi
- Net Weight: 40 gram / 1.4 oz (can)
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Grade: Ceremonial grade
- Harvest: May
- Region: Grown in Kyoto and surrounding regions. Refined in Kyotanabe, Kyoto.
- Name: Shogyokuen
- Type: Tea factory, family business
- CEO: Hiroshi Kobayashi
- Established: 1827
- Employees: 12
Hiroshi Kobayashi is an award winning blender, and one of 13 tea professionals in Japan who hold the top rank of tea appraisal, level 10.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.