BUY Kitchen Grade
Matcha PowderRecipe arranged by Emily (For the original recipe, see video below.)
The recipe calls for only 3 ingredients. So, matcha powder is the magic 4th ingredient here.
- 3 eggs
- 120g (4.3oz.) white chocolate
- 120g (4.3oz.) cream cheese *softened
- 1 tsp matcha powder (kitchen grade)
- Preheat the oven to 170C (338F). Separate the eggs and place the whites in a large bowl. Let your egg whites sit in the refrigerator to keep them cold until you are ready to use them (which makes the meringue more stable).
- Place the chocolate (broken into pieces) in a large bowl. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over hot water (60C/140F). Then add the cream cheese and melt them together. Remove the bowl from the double boiler, add the egg yolks, matcha powder and mix well.
- In a large bowl, whip egg whites with an electric mixer until firm peaks form. *If it’s thick enough, you can turn the bowl upside down without it sliding out.
- Add 1/3 Meringue into the cream cheese batter and blend well with a spatula. Then add the rest of the Meringue 1/2 at a time and mix well.
- (Emily’s version). Line cake pan with baking paper (I didn’t butter/oil the baking paper and the cake turned out just fine). Pour the batter into the pan and drop the pan lightly on the counter to raise the air bubbles out of the batter.
- Place the cake pan on a baking sheet. Pour some hot water into the baking sheet. Bake at 170C (338F) for 15 minutes, 160C (320F) for 15 minutes, then stop the heat and bake with the remaining heat for 15 minutes.
- When it is done, place the cake pan on a wire rack to cool completely.