Hojicha is usually made from large summer or autumn harvested bancha leaves. Obubu Tea Farms' premium Hojicha Gold is made from more delicate spring harvested sencha leaves that have been aged, creating a richer flavor.
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Cultivar: Blended
- Cultivation & Processing Notes: Utilizes aged spring-harvested sencha, strong roasting
- Harvest Season: Spring
- Japanese name: 黄金のほうじ茶
- Region: Wazuka, Kyoto Prefecture
Consider also cold steeping (see Steeping Techniques).
- Tea: 5 grams or 1 teaspoon. Time: 30-60 seconds. Water: 90˚C/194˚F, 200 ml.
- Resteep up to 4 times or until flavor becomes too diluted.
- Name: Kyoto Obubu Tea Farms
- Location: Wazuka-cho, Soraku-gun, Kyoto, JAPAN
Kyoto Obubu Tea Plantations, is a Japanese tea brand owned and operated by tea farmers in the town of Wazuka, Kyoto. Started by Akihiro Kita and Yasuharu Matsumoto in 2004, the company began as an agricultural social venture. Akky and Matsu's aim was and still is, to teach tea lovers both in Japan and overseas about the value of tea farming, and to contribute to society through tea.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.