A first flush (spring) harvested, award-winning Japanese black tea (Wakocha or Wakoucha) made with the rare Izumi cultivar from the northern region of Sashima, Ibaraki Prefecture, this tea is lightly oxidized by Yoshida Tea Garden but otherwise processed as black tea. This creates an interesting oolong-like tea with notes of jasmine.
- Ingredients: Black Tea
- Cultivar: Izumi
- Harvest: Spring
- Region: Sashima, Ibaraki
- Tea: 5 grams. Time: 3-5 min. Water: 90˚C/194˚F, 200 ml.
- The amounts above are guidelines. Adjust to preference.
- Consider also cold steeping (see Steeping Techniques).
- Type: Family-owned tea farm & factory
- Location: Sashima (Koga City), Ibaraki
Growing in the northernmost commercial tea production region in Sashima, Ibaraki (modern day Koga City), award-winning, 6th generation tea farmer Masahiro Yoshida is known throughout Japan for his excellent tea.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.