The Yaeyama is AOI Seicha's matcha that is generally meant for tea ceremony practice sessions. This affordable and refreshing matcha balances umami and astringency at a great price. It is also recommended as a matcha for everyday use.
The matcha sommeliers at AOI rate this matcha 2/5 in terms of umami flavor, sweetness, and bitterness (Please see graph for a visual).
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Japanese name: 御薄茶、八重山
- Net Weight: 30 grams, can
- Cultivar: Blended
- Harvest Season: Spring
- Grinding: In general, AOI grinds monthly, so grinding is within a month of shipping to Yunomi.
- Cultivation & Processing Notes: Shaded for 4 weeks before harvest.
- Region: Nishio, Aichi Prefecture
- Tools: matcha, chashaku bamboo scoop, chasen bamboo whisk, matcha bowl, cooling bowl or tea pot
- Take 2 grams (about 1.5 chashaku bamboo scoops) of matcha, and place it into your bowl
- Using the tips of your chasen bamboo whisks break apart any clumps (using a sifter may also help).
- Take boiling water and place it into a teapot or other cooling bowl. Allow the water to cool to 70-80C/158-176F degrees.
- Pour the water into your bowl, and using the whisk, slowly make an "M" shape in your bowl.
- As you speed up the whisk, bubbles (froth) will form.
- For Koicha, use about 50-70 ml of water. For Usucha, use 150-200 ml of water.
- Name: Aoi Seicha
- Type: Factory
- Established: 1910, company incorporated as AOI Seicha in 1966.
- CEO: Ayano Honda
- Employees: 60
- Address: Kamiyashiki-7 Kamimachi, Nishio-shi, Aichi-ken 445-0894
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.