Although it is difficult to get a hold of fresh shincha leaves…
Eat shincha quick and simple: Shincha Tempura.
(Batter is versatile. Dip vegetables like potatoes, pumpkins, carrots, shiitake mushrooms, etc and deep fry them to make vegetable tempura)
- Fresh shincha leaves: desired amount
- Flour: 3 tablespoon
- Potato starch (can be excluded): 1 tablespoon
- Water: 50 cc
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Wash the tea leaves and wipe off the water with paper towel.
- In a bowl, mix flour, potato starch, and water thoroughly.
- Heat the frying oil to about 160-170 degrees C (320-338 F).
- Dip tea leaves into  and deep-fry.
Eat with salt to taste the fresh shincha.