Grown and processed by the Shimizu family of Suizawa, Mie Prefecture, this limited edition regular steamed sencha was crafted with tea leaves from a new tea field that was only planted 4 years ago. In the 30-50 year life of a Japanese tea field, this is a newborn! The Shimizu family therefore calls this product Ubugoe 産声, meaning “the cry of a newborn”. This year's Ubugoe tea field is cultivar Kirari 31.
- Cultivar: Kirari 31
- Cultivation & Processing Notes
- Steaming: Regular Steaming
- Harvest: Late April
- Region: Suizawa Village, Yokkaichi City, Mie Prefecture
- 1st Steeping: Tea: 4 grams. Time: 1 minute. Water: 70˚C/176˚F, 200 ml.
- 2nd steeping: Tea: same. Time: 10-20 seconds. Water: 90˚C/194˚F, 200 ml.
- 3rd steeping: Increase time to 30-45 seconds or to desired strength.
**Consider also cold steeping or ice steeping (see Steeping Techniques).
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.