Soft spring buds were harvested and finished with a light oxidization to produce Kajihara Tea Garden's wakocha (Japanese black tea).
The spring harvested koshun black tea from Kajihara-san won Five Stars at the 2022 Japanese Tea Festival.
- Ingredients: Black Tea
- Cultivar(s): Koushun
- Harvest: Spring
- Region: Tsuge village, Ashikita town, Kumamoto
- Storage: Store sealed airtight in cool, dry area avoiding sunlight
- Tea: 5 grams
- Time: 5 minutes (please adjust to personal preference)
- Water temperature: 90C/194F degrees
- Water amount: 150 ml
About the Tea Farmer
- Name: Toshihiro Kajihara
- Vendor Type: Family farm (Kajihara Tea Garden)
- Location: Ashikita, Ashikita-gun, Kumamoto 869-6303, Japan
The Kajihara Tea Garden is cultivated by Toshihiro Kajihara, a 3rd generation tea farmer based in the 9-family hamlet of Tsuge in Ashikita Village, Kumamoto. Being first born in his family, he was expected to continue the family business and so specialized in tea during his studies in the Public Agricultural University in Kumamoto prefecture. At the age of 20, he returned home to start his tea career.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.