An affordable luxury, the Shunkou no Mukashi is a Ceremonial Grade matcha made for koicha (thick matcha). Please enjoy the magnificent umami and aroma that is particular to koicha which will spread softly and gradually when you put it in your mouth. You can also use this matcha to make usucha (thin matcha) by utilizing a smaller amount.
The matcha sommeliers at AOI rate this matcha 4/5 in terms of umami flavor, aroma, and 3/5 for richness (please see graph for visual presentation).
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Japanese name: 御濃茶, 春香の昔
- Net Weight: 30 grams, can
- Cultivar: Blended
- Harvest Season: Spring
- Cultivation & Processing Notes: Shaded for 4 weeks before harvest.
- Region: Nishio, Aichi Prefecture
- Tools: matcha, chashaku bamboo scoop, chasen bamboo whisk, matcha bowl, cooling bowl or tea pot
- Take 2 grams (about 1.5 chashaku bamboo scoops) of matcha, and place it into your bowl
- Using the tips of your chasen bamboo whisks break apart any clumps (using a sifter may also help).
- Take boiling water and place it into a teapot or other cooling bowl. Allow the water to cool to 70-80C/158-176F degrees.
- Pour the water into your bowl, and using the whisk, slowly make an "M" shape in your bowl.
- As you speed up the whisk, bubbles (froth) will form.
- For Koicha, use about 50-70 ml of water. For Usucha, use 150-200 ml of water.
- Name: Aoi Seicha
- Type: Factory
- Established: 1910, company incorporated as AOI Seicha in 1966.
- CEO: Ayano Honda
- Employees: 60
- Address: Kamiyashiki-7 Kamimachi, Nishio-shi, Aichi-ken 445-0894
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.