A careful blending of multiple cultivars from tea farmer Sugiyama Yachiyo, this light-steamed sencha was created to provide a light, delicate flavor and aroma with grassy notes. Sugiyama-san feels that this blend creates a depth and body in the tea's liquor that it would not have otherwise.
About the Farm
Grown on mountain-top tea fields in the remote Kiyosawa Village, in the mountains of Eastern Shizuoka, the clarity of the air and water of this locale shines through with the light steaming production by Sugiyama-san and her husband.
Kiyosawa Village is the old name for the this mountainous region of the Aoi Ward, Shizuoka City, and means "pure river". The Kuromata River 黒俣川 runs through the area.
- Ingredients: Green tea
- (2021) Kanaya Midori, Sayama Kaori
- (2022) Kanaya Midori, Sayama Kaori, Kurosawa
- (2023) Yabukita 50%, Kurasawa 10%, Sayama Kaori 20%, Kanaya Midori 20%, Okuhikari 10%
- Harvest: May
- Notes: Grown without use of pesticides. Only one harvest (spring) per year.
- Region: Kiyosawa, Shizuoka (Google Map)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.