Jatenmoku 寂天目 - tenmoku is a glaze technique that involves an element of randomness, allowing the glaze to transform in the firing. As a result there is some variation from piece to piece and may not look exactly as the photo.
The "ja" 寂 refers to "sabi" of the wabisabi concepts - impermanence.
See other matcha bowls from Saikai Ceramics' Hakuwan Series
- Volume: 425 ml
- Size: 11.5 cm diameter, 6.5 cm height
- Ceramics tradition: Hasamiyaki
- Material: Porcelain
- Region: Hasami, Nagasaki
- May be used with microwave
- Do not use with dishwasher, nor oven.
- As the piece ages, the glaze may crack and stain -- a process called kannyu.
- There may be slight variations in color, and may not matcha the photo exactly.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.